We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team. Perimeter 81 is building one of the largest, most resilient networks that spans over tens of PoPs around the globe. This position will be responsible for the technical operation and engineering of the Perimeter 81 network, including the planning, installation and management of the hardware and software as well as the day to day operations of the network. This is an opportunity to be part of the team that is building a high-performance network that provides an holistic Secure Network as a Service to 1,000+ customers around the world.
About Perimeter 81
Perimeter 81 is a Zero Trust Secure Network as a Service that is simplifying network security for the modern and distributed workforce. The team of security as a service experts come together every day to deliver a truly innovative, world-class network security service. Perimeter 81's clients range from SMBs to Fortune 500 businesses and industry leaders across a wide range of sectors, and its partners are among the world's foremost integrators, managed service providers and channel resellers. In 2019, Gartner selected Perimeter 81 as a "Cool Vendor in Network and Cyber-Physical Systems Security”. We recently completed a $10M funding round led by our new partners, SonicWall, an industry leader in network security.
- Define and redefine the network and system architecture for new and existing network and security services
- Manage DCs and Bandwidth across multiple backbone transit providers over 50 PoPs worldwide
- Install, optimize and monitor our global backbone network and hardware configurations
- Ensure traffic is delivered to and processed by the best available data center
- Plan and manage infrastructure upgrades and deployment pipelines
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of complex network problems and recurring platform issues
- Mentor our engineer team on network architecture, routing decisions, hardware internals, and overall design
- 3+ years of experience working in large scale network engineering environments
- Strong understanding of routing protocols like: BGP, OSPF and Static Routing
- Strong understanding of switch configuration: Dell / Lenovo or Cisco.
- Experience writing network configuration and design documentation
- Experience working on high traffic networks
- Experience working with automation frameworks such as Ansible
- Proven network debugging and problem solving skills
- Professional level network certification(s) (JNCIP , CCNP , etc) or higher
- Linux system administration
- Coding experience